The benefits of rosehip oil have been recognised by the Inca population for hundreds, maybe thousands of years. The majority of rosehip oil is made using rosehips grown in the Chilean Andes, a region whose altitude and clean air produces the best quality rosehips. Rosehip oil comes from the seeds of a type of rose known as rosa mosqueta. The oil is extracted from the ‘hip’ of the rose, generally using a cold pressed method, which divides the hips and seeds.
BENEFITS OF ROSEHIP OIL VIDEO
The benefits of rosehip oil are due to its amazing collection of ingredients, all of which have powerful properties to help regenerate and brighten skin. In fact, it is one of the most multifaceted natural oils as it contains over 500 natural ingredients. Some of the most well known ingredients are natural vitamin A (also known as Retinol or Transretinoic acid). This is very effective to help avoid premature ageing as a result of excessive sun exposure.
It also contains lycopene and beta-carotene, both of which are potent antioxidants and protect against damage from free radicals and skin ageing. One of the reasons that rosehip oil is so beneficial to skin is that it is rich in fatty acids including omega 3, 6 and 9. These are fundamental to ensure healthy skin but the body is unable to produce them.
10 KEY BENEFITS OF ROSEHIP OIL:
- Helps to prevent or improve fine lines & wrinkles: due to its high fatty acid and antioxidant content, rosehip oil works wonders in improving the condition of the skin, especially skin that has been exposed to excessive sunlight.
- Effective moisturiser for dry skin: it is very helpful when used on any dry skin condition such as eczema, dermatitis or psoriasis. The oil penetrates into the deepest layers of the skin to lock in moisture.
- Proven to reduce & improve scars: due to the complex mixture of ingredients and its ability to regenerate skin cells producing more collagen, rosehip oil can make a dramatic improvement to scar tissue, after just a few weeks of use.
- Can also help burns: a scientific study found that rosehip oil was extremely effective in reducing redness and helped to improve colour and tone.
- Can reverse effects of photo ageing: a study of the benefits of rosehip oil was conducted on women who had spent considerable time in the sun and had various signs of photo ageing such as hyper-pigmentation and sun spots. They applied rosehip oil daily for four months and improvements were noted as early as week 3. By the end of the study, most of the sun spots had vanished, their wrinkles were smoothed out and their skin was glowing.
- Helps to prevent/reduce stretch marks: rosehip oil is safe to be used during pregnancy and after birth. It has the ability to firm the skin and help it to regain its elasticity, as well as fading external scarring.
- Safe to be used on babies & children: another great benefit of rosehip oil is that it can be used on all the family. It is safe to be used on the sensitive skin of babies to help with cradle cap and eczema. It is also excellent to help children’s chickenpox scars fade quickly.
- Gives skin a natural glow: it helps to restore even skin tone, smoothes out wrinkles and fine lines, diminishes scars and gives skin a healthy glow!
- Balances out oily/combination skin: rosehip oil is a dry oil, which means that it is quickly and easily absorbed into the skin and can help to prevent breakouts.
- Evens out skin tone, minimises pores and blemishes: another wonderful benefits of rosehip oil is that it delivers a better, more even complexion. It minimises the size of pores and helps blemishes to fade and disappear quickly.
I have been using rosehip oil for about 12 months now and cannot sing its praises highly enough. The benefits rose hip oil has are incredible. It has helped to even out my skin tone and my old acne scars are barely visible now. It is quickly absorbed and does not feel greasy or oily like many other oils I have tried. I would recommend it to anyone to improve and perfect your complexion